Saturday, April 2, 2011

Surprise Party For Leia

Man I hate it when I get these out of order. If you want to see them in order scroll down and work you way to the top.

Friday is our homeschool day, where we get together and have the kids play and grownups get to socialise. We had a surprise April Fools Day party /early B-day party for Leia. Her best friend Hanna and her family are moving really soon and won't be here for her Birthday.One part of Hannah's classwas for her to throw a party by herself. That involved making invitations, decorating, cooking, wrapping gifts,and being a host. We were talking about it at the park last week. I told Wendy it would be cool if it could be for Leia. That way she wouldn't feel so left out about none of her friends being here on her Birthday.Lots of people moving. So Hannah put on a wonderful party for Leia. Leia was so surprised.

.

Surprise.

I thought this was a cool idea and it kept all the kids of all ages busy for quit a long time. They had made pictures on the paper tablecloths. The buffet of yummy food.
Some of the homeschool kids that we hang out with.Hannah had made 2 batches of brownies and cookies for Leia. It was a kid's sweet sugar party.Wendy made a fantastic fruit basket.
Eating cake with blue icing. I guess this is my April Fools Day joke on them. In reality I didn't know it would do this.Everyone's mouth turned blue.
I'm not sure if blue tongue is in regulations to the uniform.
I love this picture. This is Wendy. She is such a great friend and I am so sad they are moving.
I bought the cake at the Commissary and then added the Peter Rabbit decorations.
This is Hannah who threw the party for Leia. She is Leia's best friend.
This was the look on her face as soon as she found out there was a party and it was for her. She was super surprised and excited. She couldn't believe it.

No comments: